How the Two Ivans Quarrelled: And Other Russian Comic Stories (Oneworld Classics)

How the Two Ivans Quarrelled: And Other Russian Comic Stories - Nikolai Gogol, Guy Daniels For an avid reader few things are better than approaching an book from an author that you've never read before, having no expectations whatsoever, and being completely blown away by it.I must say this lovely little collection of short stories made it an absolute pleasure traveling to and from work today. I think I even chuckled a couple of times - something that never, ever happens to me anymore since I've gotten more bitter and twisted as the years have gone by.While there weren't any stinkers in this collection, the title story, How The Two Ivans Quarrelled, truly stands head and shoulders above the rest. With memorable characters, vivid imagery, witty dialogue and an very entertaining storyline it's worth the admission price alone.Nice translation job by Guy Daniels, as well. Highly recommended for anyone who wants something a little bit different from their Russian literature.