Endgame (Voluntary Eradicators, #1)

Endgame (Voluntary Eradicators, #1) - Nenia Campbell I came to an interesting realisation before, during, and after reading this novel. Outside of a few Philip K. Dick-esque and Terry Pratchett novels; a couple of short story collections here and there, I don't, in fact, read as nearly as much of the sc-fi and fantasy genre as I thought I did.Not that it matters in this instance as I found the world that Campbell created to be very accessible and it didn't fall into the wrong side of techno-babble at any point during the story, which was a major plus point in my book.The main characters were well-rounded and interesting enough to keep me guessing throughout. Although I did feel that a couple of the secondary characters were a bit less defined, but that didn't matter that much as the characters of Volera and Catan were intriguing enough without the extra padding as it were.The fight scenes were excellent, and the story was compelling.Overall, a nice start to a series and I probably will be checking out the sequel.